Thursday, February 14, 2008

Atlanta

2 weekends ago Rick was going stir crazy and I suggested we go on a little road trip. Being as my friend Cindy had just moved and i wanted to see her newly downsized digs and i also wanted to see the Georgia aquarium Atlanta seemed like the perfect destinatin. It didn't hrt that we could get out of freezing ohio and and into 60 degrees and sunny Georgia either. We spent the night Thurday at an Embassey Suites where they upgraded us to the governers suite(gotta love those diamond perks!) and went to dinner at Fogo de Chao a supper yummy Brazlian resturant where we stuffed ourselved on delicious meat.Friday we spent all day at the aquarium and it was beautiful! then we met Cindy and Ernesto for dinner and ate at Taqueria Del Sol. I would eat tacos everyday if I lived in Atlanta. The Margarita are pretty darn good too. Then we went to the chocolate bar where Rick and i had a delicious butterscotch drink and a faboulous esspesso marshmello desert while poor Cindy watched us because she had given up sweets. Don't feel to bad for her though, apprently chocolate martini's don't count and she had one or two of those. We stayed with the Espinoza's on Friday night in their new Super cute 1 bedroom apartment and I was slightly jealous of their downsizing. Saturday we went with Cindy to Stone m ountain and did some hiking. the weather was perfect. Later after we showered and dressed we went for a walk to have some lunch and get some sunshine. We ate at Belly and it wa very good. On the way back we walked for like 3 miles and i said to Cindy"you don't have any idea where we are do you?" to which she answered with a laugh. I think I shall get her a compass for Christmas. We certainly walked off all of our glutenous dinners from the nights before! It was a beautiful day. When we got back, Rick and I decided to head back for Ohio. 9 hours later we walked through the front door. It was a perfect little get away.

No comments: